(Probably) My Final Goodbye

Warning: Writing this on my phone so formatting is gonna be awful sorryĀ šŸ’€

Ā 

Welp Iā€™ve been delaying this for way too long to be honest. Iā€™ve hesitated writing a thread like this for the longest time because Ive always had come back in the past every year to play for an extended amount of time, but Iā€™m pretty sure my time here has come to an end.

Ā 

I originally found this community way back in June of 2016 when I got my first gaming PC as an early birthday present for my 14th birthday. The MilitaryRP server was one of the first gmod servers I had ever really played and stuck around on. My early days consisted of fucking around with people like James Brent, Army Sniper, and Jerry Bean as we slowly climbed the ranks. We eventually all became officers within army and I somehow got to be the second ever GA (that wasnā€™t an admin). I donā€™t remember much from my time as GA, but I am glad I was able to lead it even though I was probably an angsty teenager who had a superiority complex lol.

Ā 

Although Iā€™ve consistently lurked the forums since I started playing, my last ā€œreal tenureā€ on the server was back in mid to late 2021 when I reached the rank of Lt. Col in tali. After that I stopped playing to focus on myself and to improve my health. I slowly realized me sitting on a computer all day wasnā€™t very productive and I needed to start improving myself. I spent the entirety of 2022 losing weight and I eventually succeeded, however my drive to even get on my computer has been completely killed and I have sold my entire setup. I havenā€™t been on the forums much since I sold my PC either so I figured now would be the time to post my ā€œgoodbyeā€ thread.

Ā 

Some of you may be wondering why I have even bothered to write this, seeing how the majority of people on here now barely know who I am. Itā€™s more closure for me than anything lol, I just wanted to say goodbye to the community I spent the majority of my teens playing on. If any of you on here remember me at all, it was nice playing with you guys and I appreciate every moment of it.Ā 
Ā 

I donā€™t really want to do an entire list of @ā€˜s cause lord knows itā€™d be way too long lol, but I do want to say thank you to @NutterĀ for creating and maintaining the community to this very day. The community has really impacted my life more than you could imagine, Iā€™ve made so many friends and acquaintances on here that I would have never met if you didnā€™t make this incredible community. For that I thank you greatly.

Ā 

welp this turned out way longer than I wanted it too lol, but I had a lot to say I guess. Iā€™ve always been known as the guy whoā€™s ā€œjust been hereā€ and hasnā€™t accomplished anything compared to the ā€œgreatsā€ the community has known in the past, but Iā€™m fine with that tbh lmao. To the people who have known me from the beginning, to the friends Iā€™ve recently made back in 2021, thanks for playing with me. See you guys around sometime hopefully!

• The Garnut

Man this guy really hated the addition of masks and parachutes.Ā 

Thank you for being around for so many years man, you almost made it to a decade! There are only a handful of people still around from the time you started playing. I don't think you're known as the guy whos "just been here", sure, there's a few that are for whatever reason idolized for whatever reason it be, but I think you will be remembered by anybody who played throughout 2016-2018. I personally always remember you by the guy who "used to be toxic but now hypes me up whenever I do anything" šŸ¤£

You're definitely one of the chillest people I met on the server and I am very glad you're focusing on your real life, I hope all is well and I will fs miss playing your surf maps šŸ˜„Ā , best of luck in life manĀ ā¤ļøĀ 

I think this community is responsible for many great friendships and life lessons as cringe as it may sound I believe garnets responsible for impacting a lot of peoples lifeā€™s in positive ways. You made a positive impact on people around you while your here and thatā€™s something everyone should appreciate. I remember when you too thought of me as that minge whoā€™d just get on to fuck around with ANP or IJU on Cs Desert and now Iā€™m here. Thanks for the memories prison I hope we meet again.

4 hours ago, Nutter said:

I think you will be remembered by anybody who played throughout 2016-2018.

this stands true for me.Ā iirc, i joined in 2017 and you were one of the first friends i made on the server and probably one of the only reasons i stayed long enough to get acquainted with others.

i hope that you will continue to do well with yourself and good luck with the rest of your future bro

• DarkRP Administration Team

ima miss you man to bad we didnt hit a decade together weve played mrp and drp together since 2016 and i would like to say thank you for all the memories you gave me, hope to see you around i have your discord so will talk.

Archived