DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Server Management Update

You got me and the entirety of SAUCE (if they please) here and ready to help anyway possible.

Ive been apart of the community for quite some time and am ready to ride this ship where ever it takes us.

My heart goes out to you @Nutter and I truly hope you can find some ground here amongst the things already going on in your life.

We Garnet Strong ❤️🖤

👻

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • The Garnut
2 hours ago, Ghostieee said:

You got me and the entirety of SAUCE (if they please) here and ready to help anyway possible.

Ive been apart of the community for quite some time and am ready to ride this ship where ever it takes us.

My heart goes out to you @Nutter and I truly hope you can find some ground here amongst the things already going on in your life.

We Garnet Strong ❤️🖤

👻

I really appreciate the support man. At the end of the day, things will be ok whether Garnet stays up or not (atleast for me personally) so I'd just ask you to check up on Proggy since I know you two are somewhat friendly with one another.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

I'm just going to say that I hope this doesn't discourage you from continuing GG as a whole. This definitely isn't something that any server owner wants to happen, least of all on a personal level. But, at the same time, I'm sure that GG on a community level beyond any server will continue to be the crazy and fun place people keep coming back to.

Of course at the end of the day it's your community. Coming up on...8 years now? Most people don't last that long at a job, let alone running something like this. I think it's a testament to the support you have behind you, and the will you've displayed to keep it going.

• Like 3
  • The Garnut
12 hours ago, thenotsofriendlydragon said:

imma miss proggy he always helped me and he made drp fun with his cool little events whenever he gets on

Proggy helped us all lol

2 hours ago, Harus said:

I'm just going to say that I hope this doesn't discourage you from continuing GG as a whole. This definitely isn't something that any server owner wants to happen, least of all on a personal level. But, at the same time, I'm sure that GG on a community level beyond any server will continue to be the crazy and fun place people keep coming back to.

Of course at the end of the day it's your community. Coming up on...8 years now? Most people don't last that long at a job, let alone running something like this. I think it's a testament to the support you have behind you, and the will you've displayed to keep it going.

I appreciate it buddy, i'm assuming you bring this up because I had conversations with some other staff about shutting down parts of the community (DRP/Rust). I will say, after sleeping on it, and multiple terrified people reaching out when I submit for a cancellation to our host, I've decided we'll just ride out this wave - it was probably a stupid spur-of-the-moment type decision because of girly emotions.

Yeah, Garnet has been a community for 10 years in I believe this upcoming April, and truthfully, the reason we lasted this long is because every few years somebody like Proggy, and before him was Evity popping up. The mundane task of coding for ~80 hours a week sounds alot easier than it is mentally, and while I like everybody else hate change, I hope that sooner rather than later somebody comes by that is able to be a second-in-command and once again, disperse some of the stress that come with hosting a larger community. Hopefully by that point the community is also stable enough to support a supplemental income or full income to that person.

• Like 4
On 8/11/2023 at 5:21 PM, ChrisRid said:

Call me whatever you’d like, but in the place of greatness you’ll have to fill with mediocracy, I saw it coming with Cybers constant power trips which Proggy never did, hence why I got out when I could.

Imagine trynna make the situation about yourself

I appreciate the attempt at damage control but I call a spade is a spade, and this is completely tragic

"damage control"? shit happens and shit changes stop acting like an actual child. People gotta move on no matter when and how. Ain't trynna meat ride (you've done enough already) but Garnet is just saying it the way it is imo.

There’s still some fantastic people here, but please for your own benefit and that of the server, pick these people wisely and try to reach a compromise with Proggy to objectively reach the best solution. I’ve opened my DM’s again if you’d like to talk one-to-one, no worries if not though.

who tf are you bro you don't know shit about running a server. Shit happens like I said, stop trynna rub the whole situation on everyones faces. Hopeless fuck

k thats all bye

Edited by raqi
  • Like 1
  • Toxic 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 7
  • DarkRP Administration Team
9 hours ago, raqi said:

Imagine trynna make the situation about yourself

"damage control"? shit happens and shit changes stop acting like an actual child. People gotta move on no matter when and how. Ain't trynna meat ride (you've done enough already) but Garnet is just saying it the way it is imo.

who tf are you bro you don't know shit about running a server. Shit happens like I said, stop trynna rub the whole situation on everyones faces. Hopeless fuck

k thats all bye

Sorry I hurt your feelings, I just gave my 2 pence on the situation but I have faith things will work out in the end one way or another 🙂 Cheers for the feedback though! 

• Spicy 1

Amazing, how you still consistently and efficiently run this huge community after all these years despite the hardships. I'm positive proggy will be missed but just how it previously was Evity and then Proggy stepped up to the plate. I believe it safe to say in the future a trustworthy figure will make it apparent to you that they can get the job done. Best of luck and thanks again for all the work over the like 6-7+ years I don't even know now how long it's been.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • 3 weeks later...