Raise the Dark RP mod age to 16 / 17.

1998Corolla

Description: I am suggesting that the minimum age for Dark RP server mods age be raised from 15 to 16 / 17 years of age. 

Reasoning: 15 has been the minimum age for quite a long time now and while it can be beneficial to have the accessibility to have players be able to apply for staff be at a younger age, I think most of the players (staff included) would find having older players [even if by a year] who apply to be staff to be more reliable, among being more judicial in how they are able to handle staffing the server. 

I really do believe that increasing the minimum age will filter out applicants who can't fully articulate the rules and community, be the ones who are moderating the server. While I do not speak for the rest of the server, and users are free to +1 and -1 this suggestion, raising the minimum age for applications would improve the overall quality of the moderating team. 

Additional Information: Bottom Text.

-1 been playing gmod for longer then most people here and can tell you just because your older doesn’t mean your more mature.

I could probably tell you that most of the people that get permanent bans are older, most of the people that get staff blacklisted are older. 

staff shouldn’t shy away from someone who is mature, not a rule breaker, active and well liked just because the person age is around 13/14 years 

and if the person fucks up? Well either tell your “senior” and “lead” moderators to do what they should be doing and that’s being a mentor to the newer and younger staff.  If it’s a continuous issue then bring it up to a higher up and they get removed? 

and no offense, its seems like drp needs more staff, not less.

It was raised to 15 not long ago and like gunner said people that are 16-17 have more things to do than 15 years olds. Some will have work on top of school and probably friends they go out with all the time due to being able to drive anywhere they want. so... it is a -1 from me as well. 

2C9XqHy.png

Im kind of split on this because my brain is telling me absolutely crank that to 17 but I have only really ran across like 2 childish staff member's in over 3 years, 

Just because im an old fuck and want older people staffing ill throw a +1   Really no other reason besides fuck them kids 😄

• The Garnut

Yeah, there's always plenty of people, yet understaffing is the issue 100% of the time, and over-staffing is an issue 0% of the time.

If you think this is a good idea (unironically) you need to be mentally evaluated. Yes, theoretically older staff would be more receptive to enforcing the rules and conducting themselves properly, but that isn't necessarily the case in GMod either unfortunately.

Archived