Add a Priest job

Description: Add in a priest / pastor job for more RP scenarios, and to utilize the church base more. I don't necessarily think that the job needs to be exclusive to owning the church doors, like the hotel manager, but like the Club Owner and how the Club can still be purchased by anyone. 

Reasoning: Part of any reason to add in new roles is how it affects the RP of the server. I think adding in a priest would surely add in new RP experiences in game, especially when it's a role like the Club Owner who fits in the RP of the church on the map. 

IMO, a priest should be able to:

- base in the church

- have a donation box to collect donations for the church

- recruit citizens in a party for the church's congregation

- have a medkit to bestow onto the players the glory that is the lord through healing. 

As far as printers & weapons go, I'd let the staff determine that as I have no strong feelings one way or the other. Though, I would feel like if the Priest cannot perform any illegal actions such as raiding or money printing, perhaps the church they establish is exempt from being raided. 

Additional Information: This can also make use of the father grigori model, and have a new model as the bartender as well. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, Nutter said:

IMO, a priest should be able to:

- base in the church

- commit predator actions against underage church-goers

a priest criminal that doesn't raid but instead commits verbal actions against there followers sound fun to me. 

+1

ima harass my followers

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, IAreGunner said:

a priest criminal that doesn't raid but instead commits verbal actions against there followers sound fun to me. 

+1

ima harass my followers

rare gunner +1?????

+1 for me. I must spread the time vampire religion (i am not a time vampire i simply have intrest in their mythology)

• DarkRP Administration Team

I've been doing this unofficially on and off for a while so of course I'd like something like this.

+1

• Agree 1

i dont feel the need to add +1 because obv the community is pro-preist job

However as for weapons, restrictions do not to me make any sense.

I will recount a story for reasoning.

Working a slow day at the gun shop. William McKuscker, or Billy, comes in. He is a  Southern Baptist preacher.  He open-carries two full size 1911's on each hip. He orders two H&R M16A1's from us at $1249.99 a piece. When they come the two serials are one after the other. (Ex: 00001 and 00002), so one was made right after the other on the assembly line. He kept those two as keepsakes and ordered two more to shoot. This man just preaches red hot fire on Sunday and sends out screaming hot lead on Monday.

As much as the idea seems appealing, I can see a couple issues pertaining to this that prevents me from giving it a +1 currently.

1.  The abilities of the job listed here are not unique enough to warrant a new job. There already exists other classes can use donation boxes, heal, and base in the church. The closest "unique" trait this class would have would be the ability to own a base and use donation boxes, which is admittedly a bit interesting, but not exactly one that is in high demand or beneficial to the game state.
  2. I don't feel that the Priest should only be allowed to base in the "church building," or that the "church building" should be restricted to only allow the priest to base there. I like basing in the church, and I know a lot of other people who have good bases there too. If this were added, I would much prefer the priest be allowed to set up his congregation in any building he wishes, rather than just the single spot of the church.
  3. On 4/28/2024 at 2:58 PM, Nutter said:

- commit predator actions against underage church-goers

😬 

4. This is less of an issue and more of a general opinion on the proposed class, but I don't think the Priest should be allowed to print or anything. I think it would be funny and make sense if the Priest spawned with the "Annabelle" weapon from HL2.

• Cringe 3