DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Should I upgrade to Windows 11?

Reeper

I would like to have some community input on rather I should upgrade to Windows 11 or not.

I primarily game on my PC and occasionally do doc or "office" work when needed. I have heard many good and bad things about people gaming on this new version of Windows, and I'm sure some of you could possibly tell me rather it's worth upgrading now or wait a while for all the bugs and issues to be addressed. Thanks for any and all feedback, if able I'll try and reply to comments.

• DarkRP Administration Team

I was worried about upgrading to Windows 11 due to compatibility etc. But I’m not sure if you remember a massive update some months ago for Windows 10? It basically installed Windows 11 but pretended it’s still Windows 10. Upgrading takes 5 mins and it’s basically the same thing 👍 

Personal preference. I personally don't feel like it's vetted enough in a corporate environment for me to justify upgrading on my computer.

However, you can also roll back to Windows 10 after upgrading within 10 days if anything goes wrong.

On 4/21/2022 at 7:17 AM, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

i heard the ui sucks

yeah, I've seen the UI from other setups, not a fan of it, I prefer the windows 10 design. I do believe I heard about more design/customization changes within Windows 11, not sure.

3 hours ago, Reeper said:

yeah, I've seen the UI from other setups, not a fan of it, I prefer the windows 10 design. I do believe I heard about more design/customization changes within Windows 11, not sure.

you can make it look like windows 10

Cause thats what i did.

The reason why im on win 11 is because my new pc. But its not bad at all

Ngl I should have made a pole so I'd have a better way to see results. Answers seemed about 50/50 on rather I should upgrade. If over half, say around 75/25 (or something like that) recommend that I should upgrade, I would do it. Thanks for the input lol.

Archived