DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

How did you come up with your username?

• DarkRP Administration Team

I’ve always been intrigued to know how people come up with their usernames.

I used to use pretty random names years ago which had little meaning because I genuinely used to get annoyed with myself for taking so long just making an account, so I’d mash my keyboard in frustration with my own indecisiveness haha! 🤣

I decided some years ago that life is actually really sort and I don’t mind being more personal and true to myself in my username, so I took part of my first and last name, and put them together into something unique but identifiable and easy to remember. 

Chris + Rid = ChrisRid 👍

• Like 1

I used dozens of names on CS:GO and other shooters, but when I began entering local tournaments for fighting games I needed a name to stick to that wasn't a mouthful for the TO's when calling matches.
I wanted something short but recognizable in a loud room. When playing tourney matches I would always blast prog-rock/prog-metal very loudly in my headphones to be less distracted by spectators cheering for or against me. @Adric can vouch that our region is known for being loud af, so this is definitely necessary lol. So I guess I just took an adjective that describes music as 'rhythmically complex' as my username. 

Example track: 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Back when Covid was a new thing I changed my name to "Dr Corona" and stuck with that for a while on darkrp until one day I changed it to Shin Tsukimi, a character from a game I enjoy. The funny thing is that same day my staff application got accepted, and so it kind of just stuck around.

The e-girl portion came simply from one time I was pretending to be an e-girl on darkrp and that stuck, and after that people began calling me a femboy and a trap. At first I told them to cut it out, but eventually I just decided to embrace it instead of fight it.

That's how E-Girl Femboy Trap Shin Tsukimi was born!

• Like 1

My name that I use on everywhere else but Steam is The Partner. I needed a name that people could remember easily, people tend to say stuff like "you're not the partner you're my partner", which most people don't make jokes about most names so it's easier for them to remember.

For PM of Israel, I had logged on dark rp one time and thought of one of my brothers friends name on Xbox which was PM of Israel.  

For Jaz, i thought of jazz music and removed a z lmao

• Like 1