[MRP] CSCDesert Swap

Ziggy

+1 To my knowledge we are about to have Garnet make an edit to the current map (delta). I am starting to play again and I am excited for this. I think it makes sense to make this swap temporarily, so that we do not have people complain about staying on the same map for an extended period. There is also the current issue of lighting for new players. This maps it a bit difficult to capture current new players, making them stay. While we might face some of the same issues we saw last time, I think that could be said for every map. Overall, I think this is nothing but a benefit if done temporarily. I would love to see this!

+1 I understand that many will see this suggestion as a "nostalgia cope". While we are making an edit of the current make, I think we should use this one temporarily as Bishop suggests. It is obvious that we will get a temporary, while ultimately short-lived jolt in population. While that might not be a big talking point, I think this is a better alternative to having two delta variations in a row, where afterwards players may not want to be on the same map layout for an extended period

Edited by ABowlOfRice
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I forgot to mention: If we were to do this, I don’t want the transport NPC to exist anymore and cars definitely need a major health increase before we swap. Doors, especially COMMs, need to be able to be shot down. 

Edited by Ziggy

+1

This map was and always will be a staple of Garnet Gaming MRP, so many memories, trainings, and tactics were made on this map. As much as I would love to play on this map again, I don't believe it will live up to the current standards/expectations to the newer player base. Although, if were using the "short" time in-between maps for CS_Desert to come back, I'm definitely game.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Reeper
  • Like 1

+1
cscdesert is such an iconic map during MRP's height. The map itself is sufficient enough to engage players for any means. All the little things, such as the spinning sign in front of ANP building where you shoot and it spins crazy, map props that players would steal and fight over, and much more that just ultimately brings the playerbase together. Especially, different mechanics that are within the map, such as spetz mountain used for tryouts and during war to get a height advantage, the UK mountain surf (a tutorial made by kronic 🙂), toxic crater: where you have to run through the middle without dying in order to pass marine corpsman tryouts, and much more. The iconic obstacle course where you have to utilize movement/agility and shooting accuracy at the same time. cscdesert was a peak map for MRP and switching over to it could serve as a benefit.

spacer.png
Looking into the distance to see a faction doing PT on the high mountains against the map border was such a unforgettable experience.

spacer.png
And finally, the iconic separate briefings. After post-war briefings, each faction would go to their unique areas that were known to be that faction's separate briefing area.

Edited by special
  • Like 2
  • Spicy 1
  • Sad 1
  • Winner 1

+1
As being someone who has never played on this map before, It would be really interesting to see how it mixes in with the current population. Would love to see how the war changes up with a map that I nor a ton of people today have never been on. Would also like to meet all the old veterans of they do come on 😛

Massive +1 I have enjoyed all of the Delta edits and am excited for the new edit to come out. While we wait for that, switching to desert will be a nice, refreshing experience for new and old players. Even though I am a huge fan of desert and would love to play on it for as long as possible, Delta provides elements that desert can't. So switching to it for a certain amount of time would be nice to see due to what Bishop mentioned about small objectives and bases. Desert is a simple map but has unique features that makes it enjoyable to play on. I don't believe switching to desert temporarily would be a bad thing for the server. 

Edited by Spencer
  • Cringe 6
  • Agree 2

+1 I see no downsides for this swap, The server has changed majorly in the past year or two, And we all know there will be people the come back because the nostalgia for CSCDesert. However this can result in a higher pop as they come back for the map and the nostalgia, And stick around for all the new stuff that has been implemented, Absolutely no down-sides imo if we implement these ideas as well.

14 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I forgot to mention: If we were to do this, I don’t want the transport NPC to exist anymore and cars definitely need a major health increase before we swap. Doors, especially COMMs, need to be able to be shot down.