TeamSpeak: An end of an era

• Community Director

FORUMSLOGO.png.2cad7e8fecf6348eb33c07dd7

Good Evening Garnet Gamers, 

Garnet and I have made the decision to retire the GarnetGaming TeamSpeak in roughly 30 days from today. We understand that the TeamSpeak has been active for a very large portion of the community's lifespan. However, due to extremely low-utilization rate, and ability to recoup a recurring cost (minimal cost compared to other server-related cost, but cost is cost), that can be better allocated to putting back into the community. 

The GarnetGaming Main Discord/Community Hub does have similar capabilities of TeamSpeak with any "Verified" Member being able to create a Temporary VC for them an their friends to use, as well as each server having their own specific Discord surrounding their respective communities. 

Please keep an eye on the announcements in the next few days for a full update log on the GarnetGaming Main Discord/Community Hub and a few FAQs. 

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 4
  • Sad 9
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Me: *Spends 6 hours in TeamSpeak without hearing a word*
TS: "Chris, are you there?"
Me: *Looks around in game, checks Discord, looks under the bed, looks in wardrobe*
Me: *Must be voices in head / supernatural encounter*

I think TS was useful at times for getting quick answers etc, but Discord has really taken over. RIP TeamSpeak ❤️

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Rest in piss Teamspeak. I will not miss having to have two separate push to talk binds (one for teamspeak for staff related shit, and one for discord for chilling with the homies)

Not to mention the UI just looks and feel like a dinosaur age program from the mid 2000's.