DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

What mic?

• The Garnut
16 hours ago, Texas said:

blue yeti, good quality for the price

Gonna have to disagree, yeti is mediocre, and you should only buy their snowball when they're on sale for $30.

For $100 you can get much better, professional mics, IE: AT2020

• DarkRP Administration Team
1 hour ago, Nutter said:

Gonna have to disagree, yeti is mediocre, and you should only buy their snowball when they're on sale for $30.

For $100 you can get much better, professional mics, IE: AT2020

Seconded. I use AT2020 and it works like a charm. Would recommend it for sure.

But also yeah, I always have a difficult time understanding you in-game. idk if it's just because of your mic or also because you have issues with boosting the volume and gain but it's why I always have to ask you to come to a quieter place. Most people in this server have loud personalities and mics to boot.

Unless you're doing recording/podcasting/broadcasting, it matters little what mic you get other than it not being cheap Chinese stuff. Make sure your gain/input is set properly and that software isn't screwing with it (looking at you Discord).

I used a Razor headset mic and have recently replaced that with my Blue Yeti X (and beyerdynamic dt 770's for audio). Both worked fine for me and I have a generally quiet raspy voice.

If you do get a mic not attached to a headset, ensure you get a pop filter as that will cut out the majority of background noise without changing anything software-wise.

• DarkRP Administration Team

HyperX Quadcast S

I started off with just the mic on my headphones, and a lot of people used to complain that I sounded like I was on the phone or something 😅 At the time, I used to base with @GeneralKnoxx and I always thought the sound quality from his mic was just incredible. I asked him what it was, and he said it's the HyperX Quadcast... so needless to say, I bought went ahead and bought one!

I'd say it's genuinely been a superb mic, and I've owned it for a couple of years now roughly. You don't have to use it with a boom, it comes with a stand to have it on your desk, but it's pretty adaptable. I love the fact it has a touch-sensitive button on the top to mute / unmute, and you can tell if it's 'live' by whether the RGB LEDs are turned on (which are fully customisable if that's your thing). It plugs in via USB, so no fancy adaptors, it's just plug and play. I'd give it a solid 10/10, but in fairness there's probably similar mics which I haven't tried, so I'm simply biased to this one 😄 Price point is £118.00 (or about $148.00 USD), but I think it's a worthy investment if you're chatting a lot.

n47c8rWSPSxtvMf272wy39.jpg

Archived