MRP map stuffe (title pending)

Soap-

MRP MAP  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which Map Would You like to see next in the rotation?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2022 at 05:59 PM

Description:

The Current map Omega is another great map however it seems to be getting alot of negative community feedback as of late, as usual this isn't because the map is bad it is just because we have been on it alittle to long. I think it is time to catch a plane to a previous garnet map. As usual I think this should be put to a community vote as usual and a forum should be opened for comments on Omega changes/improvements for the future.

Reasoning: 

This would benefit the server as it allows the player base to experience a different map, create new tryouts tailored to the "new" map and change up the combat dynamic with different terrain. I actually rather like Omega however even I am finding it rather stale as of late and I have heard many others in ts awaiting a map change. This is more of a quality of life change rather than something that is game changing. 

Edited by Soap-
Theos said so
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 6
39 minutes ago, Soap- said:

because we have been on it alittle to long

Neutral, we haven't been on it as long as the other maps. Yes it does get boring and just not fun whenever Tali are at cons not letting you step a foot on MOS, and yes it gets really annoying with the proximity on OBJ's and suicide bombers. I feel as if just some of the gameplay mechanics should be changed, not the map, as the gameplay is what isn't fun right now.

• Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Cringe 2
  • Disagree 4

Map hasn't even been on for three months and people already want to change to a new one? The executive team is usually already so against changing the maps every 4-6 months, I severely doubt they would even consider changing it at the moment. Just based off of previous debates in the past when it comes to map changes, it was insanely difficult to go back to another map. I imagine at the very minimum we'll have to wait another month or two before they'd consider changing.

• Agree 6

again? already? garnet spent more time working on this map than it seems mrp has been on it…. I can’t really judge cause I’m sure I would be in the same boat as you fellas if I had stayed active on MRP, but it really is sad how little amount of time it’s been on this map and there’s already a want for a new map.

Edited by acer
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

On the previous map vote, Garnet made this clarification comment:

On 9/20/2021 at 5:56 PM, Nutter said:

Nope, i'm not going to modify any of the maps at this point.

Omega will remain with arches, and have support for aircrafts,

Delta (current) will keep the server the same until I can find the time to edit an existing map,

Taiga V3 is outdated and will not support a functioning airforce (not an issue since our airforce factions are downright mingy/stupid currently),

Chaharikar is outdated and will not support a functioning airforce (not an issue since our airforce factions are downright mingy/stupid currently),

Echo V1 is outdated and will not support a functioning airforce (not an issue since our airforce factions are downright mingy/stupid currently),

Now he did edit the Omega map, so his comments regarding edits may not apply, however considering the state of the airforce factions I doubt edits would be made to accommodate those factions.

I'm making this comment so people are aware of possible effects of swapping to certain maps

• The Garnut
4 hours ago, Theos said:

On the previous map vote, Garnet made this clarification comment:

Now he did edit the Omega map, so his comments regarding edits may not apply, however considering the state of the airforce factions I doubt edits would be made to accommodate those factions.

I'm making this comment so people are aware of possible effects of swapping to certain maps

We're at a point of time where maybe next month I will have the time to edit a map (depending on SWRP and Rust) but uh, the fact we've only been on this Omega for 2 and a half months yet "people are getting bored of it" blows my mind.

If we get ~100 votes from active players of the server, I could expedite changing the map. Echo V1 for one will not sustain ~80+ active players very well though.

4 minutes ago, Nutter said:

months yet "people are getting bored of it" blows my mind.

Not really bored just.. a lot of errors on the map like where you can see the literal abyss into and how there should be more cover at certain areas etc. 

• Agree 1

I'm just sick of desert maps. I want a map with trees, but i still want the air force factions to be compatible. Though it seems like the air force factions may be removed, we (afsoc) have been trying to get them to stay.

Edited by S0UL
Added More
  • Agree 2

Stuff like this is the reason why Garnet has always had a gripe with the MRP community. Don't beg for a map change and then completely switch two months later asking for another rotation. Just be considerate and understand that this stuff takes time, as this is certainly NOT the time to ask about a map change.

Edited by Jared Cox
  • Like 1
On 2/15/2022 at 1:25 PM, Nutter said:

months yet "people are getting bored of it" blows my mind

A lot of people like myself have been playing since the old Omega and while this one is different it is still very similar as it is still the same map. In the original suggestion for this map it was just supposed to be a filler because you mentioned that the new one would take a while. Also with it going around that AF factions are prly gonna go most people would be happy to see them gone if it would bring a new map sooner. 

On 2/15/2022 at 1:31 PM, Fetn said:

Not really bored just.. a lot of errors on the map like where you can see the literal abyss into and how there should be more cover at certain areas etc. 

Also this ^

Well today marks one year since I (re)joined Garnet, since 2018. Since then, we've only seen 2 (technically 3) map rotations. It's been a full year of desert map. I am wholeheartedly in favor of changing the map to a forested map, or something that isn't sand. Because I hate sand.

There are a lot of factors though. It's important to have access to a good cycle of maps, so when the community eventually gets bored and starts bitching, we can ignore the problems and just change the map.

It's also important to analyze the game state. I have really genuinely enjoyed playing war on the current map. While I don't get on the server often, the combat I engage in on this map when I am online is by far the most enjoyable to me, and I think that sentiment can be shared between a lot of other community members.

Another thing to analyze is how much work it will take. I think if the MRP community is able to show that it is worthy of all the work that a map update requires, then Garnet should oblige them. But as we all know: The MRP community.

• Agree 1
On 2/15/2022 at 3:58 PM, Jared Cox said:

Stuff like this is the reason why Garnet has always had a gripe with the MRP community. Don't beg for a map change and then completely switch two months later asking for another rotation. Just be considerate and understand that this stuff takes time, as this is certainly NOT the time to ask about a map change.

You got to understand that without any real big updates to the gameplay of the server the only thing people can turn to is a map change the server is mainly pvp like it or not and the pvp is honestly stale 

Honestly outta all the maps I’ve played I believe it was the woodland version of chaharikar that really provided a balanced PVP environment and gave factions a ton of options for their tryouts. Personally them  only issue I see with this map is the lack of cover there are certain narrow roads, alleys, and angles that provide both sides with not a whole lot of cover to get beteeen objectives. This could be fixed with the addition of more broken down cars in the middle of roads/debris just in more open areas of the map. An example of this is the road leading to factory directly from US base. There are so many angles that can be held against that road and headglitching spots that can be used aswell. This obviously goes the same for Taliban but I’d like to say probably the road that leads from the front of Taliban base to the factory parking lot area. Or we could just say fuck it and add my favorite and the map with the MOST cover out of all of them #1 garnetgaming MRP map of all history CS_Desert

Edited by Horseyyy
  • Agree 1