Clan System

Corbzz

Description: I think it would be beneficial to add in a clan system to the server. This would be a section in the f4 menu where you could 
             manage and add members and promote like you can in a steam group or clash of clans (coleaders, and elders or something along the lines. 
             There could be a leaderboard with categories for clans to compete in (most money, player count, avg. prestige, avg. level etc.). 
             This is just the very basic model but hopefully people could add some other suggestions along the way to help improve upon my idea.
             You would need to have a minimum level and a large cost like 10 mil to open a clan so that everyone is not abusing it. Maybe adding a timer so 
             that if the leader does not log on for a certain the clan will be disbanded, (should also be a way to transfer leadership so clan can stay alive).

Reasoning: I think this would help to give clans a meaning. We would all be competing against each other for the top spot on the leaderboard 
           in whatever respective category we want. This would also a generate a friendly competition between clans generating rivalry and reasoning
           to work together.

Edited by Corbzz
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

Several issues with this idea such as giving the clans too much attention and making the solo or small group players feel less inclined to grind when they will have to face these clans, clans may become too big and dominate the server, if the set up fee is 10 mil it will discourage newer players from making their own clans to counter the others and encourage them to join and strengthen already established clans. Now it would be cool to see clan competitions and GMs could set up games and arenas and dish out points to the clan with the best performance (or something along those lines). Clans the way they are now (just in the rp name) is better than good, because you can achieve all of what you're asking. If a clan really wanted to know who they have in their org, then they can just make a spreadsheet, or a GM who is in a clan can do these competitions you mentioned. All it really takes to accomplish what your suggesting is just to talk to the other clans and work out a competition (like most raids in an hour or something). -1

• DarkRP Administration Team

Clans are generally bad for the greater community in all my experiences, they often cause division and harbour toxicity (not all clans bare in mind, but a large enough number to be concerned). On top of this, I feel like having a system dedicated to clans is an unnecessary addition to the server, given that discord or other platforms could handle this sort of thing already.

• Agree 7

-1  I agree with all of @ChrisRid's points - clans are generally bad for the greater community and this would seem like a very unnecessary addition.

It would do little to encourage and retain new players, it would create more petty and clique-like behavior, and it would make DarkRP less interaction based. Not to mention, how would a theoretical leaderboard work? A K/D or kill count would 100% be exploited by RDMers, and a money printing chart would cause more people to grind in isolation, making the game overall less fun.

Neutral

While it would keep clans more organized and not so much confusion it could also be used to make clans that dominate (Like a clan with 40 people in it, that is about 48% of the players currently online at any given time) 

This could also suppress solo players or small friend groups trying to rise the ranks in DRP

To fix this simply add player caps to clans and make the price to start a clan based on lvl, not a set price.

In conclusion I would love to see this implemented in one way or another after it has been revised. 

~Adin is here 

• The Garnut
4 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

Clans are generally bad for the greater community in all my experiences, they often cause division and harbour toxicity (not all clans bare in mind, but a large enough number to be concerned). On top of this, I feel like having a system dedicated to clans is an unnecessary addition to the server, given that discord or other platforms could handle this sort of thing already.

I was going to mention, i'm 99% sure this predate @Proggy even joining the community, but "BACK IN THE DAY (2015-2019) there were large clans of 40-50 players who would swarm through communities on DarkRP, and destroy them along with their economy over a period of a few days. This is quite literally why I added rules in regards to mega-basing (they'd essentially allow you to combine more than 1 party with two adjacent bases).  Large 'official' clans that can benefit 30-40 members is such an overpowered thing to have, and there's not a single thing you can do to prevent a group that big from minging/mass raiding you/generally ruining your experience on the server.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
7 minutes ago, Nutter said:

I was going to mention, i'm 99% sure this predate @Proggy even joining the community, but "BACK IN THE DAY (2015-2019) there were large clans of 40-50 players who would swarm through communities on DarkRP, and destroy them along with their economy over a period of a few days. This is quite literally why I added rules in regards to mega-basing (they'd essentially allow you to combine more than 1 party with two adjacent bases).  Large 'official' clans that can benefit 30-40 members is such an overpowered thing to have, and there's not a single thing you can do to prevent a group that big from minging/mass raiding you/generally ruining your experience on the server.

Ironically while I was reading this from @Nutter I found an old screenshot from 2016 of when huge bases were allowed and people were literally allowed to corner off entire corners of the map (shown below when we did it once).

90fd5b641e84b1baf3042c56a4316b29.jpg

In regards to this suggestion though, it's going to be neutral. I know lots of people who are in clans that are some of the most genuinely nice and caring people on the server while I know some that are absolutely toxic and do not care about the rules (self-admitted). Given this, I think this would only increase toxicity on the server and potentially empower clans even more. But, I will keep an open mind and see what others say.

Edited by Thomass
  • Cringe 1
1 hour ago, Thomass said:

Ironically while I was reading this from @Nutter I found an old screenshot from 2016 of when huge bases were allowed and people were literally allowed to corner off entire corners of the map (shown below when we did it once).

90fd5b641e84b1baf3042c56a4316b29.jpg

In regards to this suggestion though, it's going to be neutral. I know lots of people who are in clans that are some of the most genuinely nice and caring people on the server while I know some that are absolutely toxic and do not care about the rules (self-admitted). Given this, I think this would only increase toxicity on the server and potentially empower clans even more. But, I will keep an open mind and see what others say.

@Thomass the good days 😄

-1 Clan system is too much. Crowds of people would just dominate. Maybe if you made clans like 4 people at most. 

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Nutter said:

-1 clans not only just usually end up sucking, but a lot of them end up holding players that cause a significant amount of problems, and while not every single clan is bad, in my over 2 years staffing here I've seen so many bad ones have to be taken down or mitigated against because bad behavior would often time be excused by clanmates or would even be rubbed off on others by those who enjoy causing the server general issues.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1