Who was your GarnetGaming mentor?

The title of this thread might sound a little corny, but hear me out:

When we were all new to Garnet (and maybe this applies to the new guys as well), who was your mentor? Who was the guy you looked up to? Who was the person that showed you the ropes of SWRP, MRP, DRP, etc? What did they mean to you? How close are you or were you to that person? 

Just thought it would be curious to ask you guys so we can have a little conversation.

• Spicy 1
  • Creative 1

1st time around in 2016 it was Slideturtle, Scuffed, and Stone in GB on MRP. Mostly Slideturtle though.

2nd time around (in 2020?) it was Crypt, Romulus, and Jake in rangers on MRP.

Now I no longer need a mentor when I take long breaks.

The good mentors just feel like good friends. Not really much to it.

• Friendly 1

Spencer, kermat and anyone on delta force on delta v2 inspired me to learn from how they play and made me want to get better. Now currently wyatt inspires me to be a good leader and shows me to never give up. My relation with these people were ehhh except wyatt hes my best buddy  

• Like 2
  • Friendly 1
  • Forums Moderator

honestly i got 3 @PraetorDon for when i was in GRU, He taught me a lot about leading and what to do in certain situations when i was PPKN. then there was @Jake who taught me how to be professional when times needed it. and @Ozzy who taught me how to help other players and to show them and teach them. (Also taught me not to act like a retard all the time, mf kept me T-Admin for 4 months). 

• Creative 1

DaB clan (may they rest in peace) mainly Hex and Proggy tbh always gotta give credit where it's due, ironfetus probly put me on the most in the staff game, yes I know he's a "controversial" person to some people idgaf he put me on and the same folks that hate him today were hella cool with em back in the day, yall changed not him

• DarkRP Administration Team

I used to play DarkRP many years ago before Garnet, but I don't remember anyone as it was so long ago and couldn't tag them here anyways. But on Garnet, I remember a guy called Scortch helped me out alongside a couple of others just to get familiar with the rules here and a basic setup. When I joined the Staff Team the first time round @Canlex trained me and helped me out quite a bit, but I had to retire due to moving house and job. The second time round @Jaz- trained me and helped me out again, as was always super helpful in general with others too. I remember getting into farming a lot more and @Anon10011 helped me out and showed me the best way to get setup, and we spent tons of time together and he became a good friend. There's loads of others too, too many to name realistically that have helped me during my time here 🙂